Create or Edit In WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to your WordPress web site.
While you’re logged in, you’ll be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on on ‘search engine optimisation’.
On the left-hand aspect, you will notice a menu. In that menu, click on on ‘search engine optimisation’.
- Click on on ‘Instruments’.
The ‘search engine optimisation’ settings will broaden offering you extra choices. Click on on ‘Instruments’.
- Click on on ‘File Editor’.
This menu won’t seem in case your WordPress set up has disabled file enhancing. Please allow file enhancing or edit the file by way of FTP.
- Make the modifications to your file.
- Save your modifications.
Create or Edit On Your Server
WordPress generates a digital
robots.txt file if the positioning root doesn’t include a bodily file. To override the digital file, please observe these steps to create a bodily
- Use your favourite textual content editor and create a textual content file.
- Save the empty file with the title
- Add the file to your server. If you happen to’re uncertain the place in your server to add the file, please contact your webhost.
If WordPress was blocking entry to the digital file, it is best to be capable of edit the bodily file from our plugin. If not, you may all the time edit the
robots.txt immediately in your server utilizing FTP or a server file supervisor.
Please contact your webhost for help when you’ve got hassle importing or enhancing information in your server.